- 200g packet amaranth, rinsed
- 435ml (1 3/4 cups) water
- 3/4 cup fresh mint sprigs
- 3/4 cup fresh dill sprigs
- 500g zucchini, coarsely grated, excess moisture removed
- 3 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 80g (1/2 cup) buckwheat flour
- 30g (1/4 cup) LSA
- 1 1/4 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 200g punnet sweet grape tomatoes, halved
WHIPPED GOAT’S CHEESE
- 150g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 100g fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
Place amaranth and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until tender and water has evaporated. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool completely.
Chop 1/2 cup each of the mint leaves and dill. Add zucchini, chopped herbs, 2 shallots, rind, coriander, cumin and egg to the amaranth. Stir to combine. Add flour, LSA and baking powder. Season. Stir to combine.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large non-stick frying pan over low heat. Add 3 heaped 1⁄4-cupfuls of batter. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Carefully turn and cook for 2 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a tray lined with paper towel to drain. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding a little oil to the pan between each batch.
Meanwhile, for whipped goat’s cheese, place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Season. Process until smooth and combined.
Combine tomatoes, remaining mint, dill, shallot and 2 teaspoons oil in a small bowl. Season. Squeeze over a little lemon juice. Serve with tomato salad and whipped goat’s cheese.