- 200g (1 cup) quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 6 Primo Bacon Shortcut Rindless rashers, coarsely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 zucchini, coarsely grated
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped, plus extra, to serve
- 8 eggs, lightly whisked
- 250g tomato medley mix, halved
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Lightly grease a 20 x 30cm (base measurement) slice pan and line with baking paper, allowing the two long sides to overhang. Cook the quinoa in a large saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Set aside to cool, stirring occasionally to fluff up the grains.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden. Add capsicum and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until softened. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside to cool slightly.
Use your hands to squeeze as much excess liquid from the zucchini as possible. Add to the bowl with the quinoa, zucchini, feta, basil, eggs and bacon. Stir well to combine. Pour into prepared pan and smooth the surface. Gently press tomato halves, cut side up, into the top. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Set aside to cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature, sprinkled with basil.