- Melted soy margarine, to grease
- 500g (4 cups) raspberries, washed
- 1 x 250g punnet strawberries, washed, hulled
- 150g (1 cup) blueberries, washed
- 170g (3/4 cup) organic raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 10 thick slices day-old homemade white bread, crusts removed
- Vanilla soy ice-cream or vanilla soy yoghurt, to serve
Brush a 1.5L (6-cup) capacity pudding basin or glass bowl with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base and side with 3 layers of plastic wrap, allowing it to overhang.
Combine raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, sugar and lemon juice in a large saucepan over medium heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes or until mixture is syrupy but berries still hold their shape. Remove from heat and set aside.
Line the base and side of prepared pudding basin with 7 slices of bread, allowing them to overlap slightly. Use your hands to gently press the bread together to seal. Fill in any gaps with small pieces of bread so the pudding basin is completely covered.
Reserve 160ml (2/3 cup) of the berry mixture. Pour the remaining berry mixture into the pudding basin. and cover with remaining bread slices. Place a small plate (one that fits exactly inside the rim of the basin) on top of the pudding. Place a weight on top of the plate. Place pudding in the fridge for 8 hours or until set.
Turn pudding onto a large serving plate and pour over the reserved berry mixture, taking care to cover any bread that’s still white. Cut pudding into wedges and serve with soy ice-cream or yoghurt.