- 430g (2 cups) sushi rice, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons sushi seasoning
- 500g sashimi-grade tuna steaks, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 green shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sesame Seeds, lightly toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 large avocado, cut into 1cm pieces
- Pickled ginger, to serve
- Shallow-fried wonton wrappers, to serve (optional)
Cook rice following the packet directions. Stir in the sushi seasoning.
Combine tuna, shallot, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, sesame seeds and chilli in a glass or ceramic bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes to marinate.
Divide the rice among bowls. Top with tuna mixture and avocado. Serve with the pickled ginger and wonton wrappers, if using.