These Teriyaki Chicken Cones are so fun to make for a party. Teriyaki chicken is loaded into crispy tortilla cones with broccoli for a mouthwatering appetizer everyone will love.
Teriyaki Chicken Cones
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Servings: 8 Servings
- 5 uncooked flour tortillas, 8-inch
- vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breasts (boneless, skinless), cubed
- 1/4 cup honey,
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar, apple cider or rice
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder, or minced fresh
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into florets, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Set aside a large muffin tin or baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, ginger powder, garlic, vinegar and cornstarch.
- Place tortillas on a work surface and cut into halves.
- Form each half into a cone shape, and fasten with a toothpick.
- Place cones upside down on muffin tin/baking sheet and brush lightly with oil.
- Bake for 6 minutes. Meanwhile, make the teriyaki chicken and cook broccoli if desired.
- Place a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add 1-2 tsp oil and cubed chicken.
- Fry 2-3 minutes per side until nicely browned. If not browning, increase heat and continue for another minute.
- Add sauce mixture to chicken and stir continuously until it thickens to coat the chicken. Remove from heat.
- Remove cones from oven and fill with teriyaki chicken and broccoli. Serve and enjoy!
-For the chicken to brown properly, there should be a bit of space between the pieces in the pan. Fry in batches if your pan is small or you’re doubling the recipe.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!