- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 750g sweet potato, scrubbed, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 45g (1/4 cup) wholemeal spelt flour
- 25g (1/4 cup) quinoa flakes
- 25g (1/3 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary, leaves picked
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 40g butter, chopped
- 35g (1/4 cup) pecan pieces
- 1 fresh long red chilli, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 210C/190C fan forced. Lightly spray four 1 1/2 cup capacity baking dishes or ramekins with olive oil. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat. Add potato and onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
Add garlic and rosemary. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Stir in the tomato, water, sugar and vinegar. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Stir in chickpeas. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes or until potato is almost tender. Transfer to prepared dishes.
Meanwhile, for the crumble, combine flour, quinoa, parmesan, rosemary, sugar and butter in a large bowl. Season. Rub butter into flour mixture until coarse crumbs form. Stir in pecan and chilli.
Sprinkle crumble over potato mixture. Spray with olive oil. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and crisp.