- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (330g) caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour, sifted, plus extra to dust
- 300g strawberries, sliced, plus extra to serve
- Icing sugar, to dust
- 150g cream cheese
- 1/3 cup (50g) icing sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 180°C and line 12 jumbo muffin pans with paper cases.
To make the cheesecake cream, place all ingredients in a bowl and beat with electric beaters until thick and combined. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
Place the butter, cream cheese and caster sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until pale. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until just combined. Add the vanilla and fold in the flour and a pinch of salt. Dust the sliced strawberries with a little extra flour then stir through the mixture. Spoon into the muffin cases and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Dust with icing sugar and serve with extra strawberries and the cheesecake cream.