Simmer strawberries in white wine, sugar, and orange juice for a simply satisfying, low-fat dessert. Top berries with whipped sour cream mixture.
- 16 ounces quartered strawberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 7 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Make It
Combine strawberries, 3 tablespoons sugar, orange rind, orange juice, and wine; toss. Let stand 20 minutes. Combine sour cream, whipping cream, 1 tablespoon sugar, and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Top berries with cream mixture.