- Melted butter, to grease
- 375g raw unsalted cashews
- 200g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 315g (1 1/2 cups) caster sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- 250g (1 1/3 cup) semolina
- 80ml (1/3 cup) honey
- 2 teaspoons rosewater
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon MasterFoods® Nutmeg Ground
- 4 egg whites
- Icing sugar, to dust
Preheat oven to 150°C. Brush a 20cm (base measurement) square cake pan with melted butter to grease. Line base and sides with non-stick baking paper.
Place the cashews in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped.
Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until very pale and creamy. Add the egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Use a large metal spoon to fold in the cashew, semolina, honey, rosewater, cardamom, cinnamon and nutmeg.