- 1 cup pearl barley, washed, drained
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- 100g Greek fetta, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 x 250g punnet strawberries, hulled, halved
- 40g baby rocket
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
BALSAMIC GLAZE DRESSING
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Cook barley following packet directions, adding asparagus in the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain well. Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, make Balsamic Glaze Dressing: Place vinegar, sugar and 1 tablespoon water in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 10 minutes or until mixture thickens and becomes a syrup. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool completely.
Arrange barley, asparagus, parsley, fetta, cucumber, radish, strawberries, rocket and basil on a serving platter. Drizzle with oil and dressing. Serve (see note).