Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 0 hours 10 mins
Total Time: 0 hours 25 mins
- 4 (6-oz.) salmon fillets
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 c. frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
Season salmon all over with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, mozzarella, spinach, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
Using a paring knife, slice a slit in each salmon to create a pocket. Stuff pockets with cream cheese mixture.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add salmon skin side down and cook until seared, about 6 minutes, then flip salmon. Add butter and squeeze lemon juice all over. Cook until skin is crispy, another 6 minutes. Serve warm.