- 500g extra lean pork mince
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoons sambal oelek
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander, plus 1/2 cup whole leaves, extra
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 2 carrots, peeled into ribbons
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 260g (2 cups) cooked quinoa, to serve
Combine the pork, ginger, 2 tsp sambal oelek, 1 tsp fish sauce and chopped coriander in a bowl. Use clean hands to roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into 24 balls. Place on a lined plate.
Heat 1 tsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the meatballs, in batches, turning, for 5-6 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Meanwhile, combine the spinach, carrot, cucumber, radish and extra coriander leaves in a large bowl. Place the lime juice, sugar, remaining sambal oelek and oil in a small bowl. Stir until sugar dissolves.
Serve the meatballs with the carrot salad, steamed quinoa and drizzled with the dressing.