The easiest, most delicious Beef Pot Roast that you make in your slow cooker! Only 7 ingredients are needed to make this incredible roast!
Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours 10 minutes
- 3 lb chuck roast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet Au Jus mix
- ½ cup salted butter 1 stick
- 8 Pepperoncini peppers
- Heat up a large non-stick pan on high.
- Add oil to hot skillet.
- You want it really hot here to brown or “sear” the beef quickly.
- Take a paper towel and make sure you dry both sides of the pot roast.
- Season with a little bit of pepper.
- Once the skillet is nice and hot, add the roast.
- Allow the roast to cook for about 2-3 minutes until it is golden brown.
- Using tongs, flip the meat over and sear the other side of the roast for another 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer meat to slow cooker.
- Sprinkle packets of dry ranch dressing and Au Jus over pot roast.
- Top with a stick of butter then place peppers on and around roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Take two forks and start shredding the meat.
- Discard any big fatty pieces.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!