The BEST mac and cheese EVER!!!! No boil. No stress. Everything gets thrown right in. Even the uncooked noodles!!!
Slow Cooker Four Cheese Mac and Cheese
Yield: 8-10 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours 35 minutes
Total time: 2 hours 55 minutes
- 1 pound medium elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups grated American cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Place macaroni, 1 cup cheddar cheese, American cheese, cream cheese and Parmesan into a 4-qt slow cooker.
Stir in milk, evaporated milk, Dijon, paprika and onion powder, making sure the macaroni is submerged as much as possible; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Cover and cook on low heat for 90 minutes to 2 hours and 30 minutes, stirring every hour until tender and creamy.* Uncover and stir in remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese until melted, about 2-3 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed.
Serve immediately, garnished with chives, if desired.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!