Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup is a staple recipe year round! It’s unbelievably easy to prepare —we are talking 15 minutes prep — and it has such a well seasoned, fresh and satisfying flavor.
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours 15 minutes
Servings: 5 Servings
- 4 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla strips or tortilla chips
- Shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese
- Diced avocado , diced roma tomatoes, sour cream (optional)
Pour chicken broth and diced tomatoes into a slow cooker. Add onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add chicken breasts then cover with lid and cook on LOW heat 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
Remove chicken and shred, then return to slow cooker along with black beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice, stir. Allow to cook until heated through.
Serve warm with tortilla strips and cheese and other optional ingredients.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!