If you’re looking for a simple yet special recipe for chicken, this easy dish is an excellent choice. The boneless chicken breasts are cooked in a butter and wine sauce with a little rosemary and other seasonings and served with sauteed almonds.
Skillet Chicken With Almonds
Total Time: 45 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (or slivered almonds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary (crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 to 8 boneless chicken breast (halved, skin removed)
- 4 green onions (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat the butter over medium heat in a large skillet. When the butter is hot, add the almonds. Cook, stirring until almonds are lightly browned and aromatic.
- Remove almonds to a plate or bowl with a slotted spoon or spatula, reserving butter in skillet. Set the almonds aside.
- Combine the flour, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Dredge the chicken breast halves in the flour mixture.
- Brown chicken over medium heat in the reserved butter for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Add the green onions and garlic to the skillet and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Add the wine to the skillet.
- Cover the pan and reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- With a slotted spoon or spatula, remove the chicken to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Bring juices to a boil; stir in reserved almonds. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Spoon almond mixture over chicken.
- Serve with hot cooked rice, if desired, and enjoy!