Boneless skinless chicken thighs smothered in an easy-to-make creamy tomato basil and spinach sauce. The whole recipe takes 30 minutes from start to finish!
Skillet Chicken Thighs with Creamy Tomato Basil Spinach Sauce
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 lb chicken thighs , boneless skinless
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz fresh spinach
- 4 leaves fresh basil (or use 1/4 teaspoon dried basil)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese , grated
How to cook boneless skinless chicken thighs in a skillet:
- In a large skillet heat olive oil on medium heat. Season boneless skinless chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Add them top side down to the hot skillet. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat, until the top side is nicely seared.
- Flip over to the other side and sear for 5 more minutes on medium heat.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet to a plate.
How to make creamy tomato basil sauce:
- To the same, now empty skillet, add tomato sauce, minced garlic, heavy cream. Bring to boil and stir.
- Reduce heat to low simmer. Add fresh spinach and fresh basil. Stir until spinach wilts and reduces in volume.
- Taste the sauce and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Add back cooked boneless skinless chicken thighs, increase heat to medium. Reheat the chicken thighs in the skillet with the sauce and cook until the chicken is completely cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- To serve, spoon the sauce over the boneless skinless chicken thighs and top with grated Parmesan cheese.