Rotisserie chicken and the prepared quick-cook stuffing adds wonderful flavor to this casserole. It’s yummy left over too!
Rotisserie Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr 10 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 30 mins
Additional Time: 5 mins
Yield: 1 9×13 baking dish
- cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 (6 ounce) package quick-cooking stuffing mix (such as Stove Top®), or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced, or more to taste
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- ½ (10.5 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 whole cooked rotisserie chicken – skinned, boned, and meat shredded
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Bring water and 1/4 cup butter to a boil in a saucepan; stir in stuffing mix. Remove saucepan from heat, cover, and let sit until water is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Fluff stuffing with a fork.
Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and celery until softened, 5 to 10 minutes.
Mix cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and cream of mushroom soup together in a bowl.
Spread shredded chicken into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Layer onion mixture over chicken and season with salt and pepper; top with soup mixture. Spread stuffing over soup mixture layer.
Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned and bubbling, about 1 hour.