Give your traditional chicken ‘n’ waffles a kick of color and flavor with red velvet waffles.
Red Velvet Chicken and Waffles
SERVINGS: 1 to 2 people
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- Powdered sugar
- 1 package chicken tenderloins
- 2 cups flour
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Fill a pot with oil and place over high heat.
- Prepare the chicken: While oil is heating, cut chicken into bite-sized nuggets and season with salt, pepper, and parsley. Add flour to a large mixing bowl and dredge chicken pieces until fully coated.
- Once oil is hot, fry chicken until fully cooked, then drain on paper towels.
- Prepare the sauce: In a small bowl, combine honey, paprika and hot sauce.
- Add cooked chicken to a medium mixing bowl and toss with some of the sauce.
- Prepare the waffles: In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Add buttermilk, butter and egg. Mix until combined. Add vanilla and food coloring.
- To make the waffles, ladle out 2 scoops of waffle mixture, pour into waffle maker and allow to cook. Once waffle is done, place on cutting board and cut into slices. Top with chicken, drizzle with more sauce and top with powdered sugar.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!