- 2 1/2 heaped tablespoons Italian ground coffee (Lavazza Caffe Espresso brand)
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) boiling water
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar mixture
- 500ml bought vanilla custard
- 1 x 250g pkt sponge finger biscuits
- 2 x 30g chocolate flake bars (Cadbury brand), crumbled
- 2 x 120g punnets raspberries
Place coffee in a coffee plunger and pour over the boiling water. Stir. Replace plunger lid (do not push down). Stand for 3-5 minutes. Push down plunger. Pour into a large heatproof bowl. Set aside for 20 minutes to cool to room temperature.
Use an electric beater to whisk cream and icing sugar in a bowl until soft peaks form. Fold in custard until just combined.
Quickly dip one-third of the biscuits, one at a time, into coffee. Arrange biscuits over the base of a 1.5L (6-cup) capacity glass serving bowl. Top with one-third of the custard mixture and smooth the surface with a spoon. Scatter over one-third of the raspberries and chocolate. Repeat, in 2 more layers, with the remaining custard mixture, raspberries, chocolate and biscuits.
Cover the trifle with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours to chill and develop the flavours.