TIP: Need help peeling and cutting your pumpkin? Most supermarket produce sections offer this service for a small fee.
- 1 (17.3-oz.) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1/2 (3-lb.) sugar pumpkin, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 firm Bartlett pear, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups loosely packed arugula leaves
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°. Unfold puff pastry sheets, and place side by side on a baking sheet, overlapping short sides 1/2 inch. Press seam to seal. Score a 1/2-inch border on all sides, using a knife. Do not cut through pastry.
Toss together pumpkin slices, next 3 ingredients, and 1 tsp. olive oil in a large bowl. Spread mixture in a single layer on prepared pastry sheets, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
Bake at 425° for 20 to 22 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes.
Toss together arugula, next 3 ingredients, and 1 tsp. olive oil in a medium bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle mixture over tart, and cut into desired shapes.