Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours 10 minutes
Servings: 16 servings
- 4 lb boneless pork loin trimmed if desired
- 1 cup apple juice (or soda)
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups barbecue sauce as desired
Place pork loin in a 4-6 quart crock pot and pour in apple juice.
Combine seasoning salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, mustard, onion powder and black pepper and sprinkle half over pork loin. Turn and sprinkle on the remaining half.
Cover and cook on low until fall apart tender — 8 to 10 hours.
Shred with two forks, discarding excess fat. Toss in remaining juices and coat with barbecue sauce as desired. Serve on hamburger buns.