Keep leftover French bread from going stale by re-purposing your loaf into a decadent praline pecan bread pudding. Finish with a drizzle of praline sauce and a dollop of whipped cream.
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (16-oz.) day-old French bread loaf, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 14 cups)
- 2 cups coarsely chopped toasted pecans
- Praline Sauce
How to Make It
Whisk together first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Add bread cubes, stirring to coat thoroughly. Let stand 1 hour, stirring occasionally to ensure an even coating. Stir in pecans.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 13- x 9-inch baking dish; pour bread mixture into dish. Bake in preheated oven until bubbly around edges and firm in center, about 1 hour, shielding with aluminum foil after 45 to 50 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with Praline Sauce.