We weren’t exactly excited to test our old microwave column recipes again, but these chocolate-peanut blondies truly surprised us.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped salted peanuts, divided
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (4-oz.) semisweet chocolate baking bar, chopped
How to Make It
Microwave butter in a large microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM HIGH (70%) for 45 to 60 seconds or until melted. Stir together brown sugar and peanut butter. Add eggs, next 4 ingredients, and 1/2 cup peanuts. Spoon batter into a lightly greased (with cooking spray) 8-inch square microwave-safe baking dish.
Microwave at MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) for 4 minutes. Microwave at HIGH (100%) for 3 to 6 minutes or until top is almost dry. Remove from microwave, and immediately top with chopped chocolate. Let stand 5 minutes; spread melted chocolate evenly over top, and sprinkle with remaining peanuts.
Cool 15 minutes.
Cut into squares.