- 1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk, extra
- 60ml (1/4 cup) pouring cream
- 20g (1/4 cup) finely grated pecorino or parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 slices prosciutto, fat trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 500g sweet potato, cut into noodles using a spiraliser
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes (optional)
- Fresh continental parsley leaves, to serve
Use a fork to whisk the egg, egg yolk, cream and pecorino or parmesan in a small bowl until combined. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the prosciutto and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until golden.
Add the sweet potato and chilli, if using. Cook, tossing with tongs, for 3 minutes or until softened but not completely wilted. Remove pan from the heat.
Pour egg mixture into the pan and toss quickly to coat noodles. The mixture should coat the noodles evenly and cook to a creamy consistency. Divide among serving bowls and top with parsley and extra pecorino. Season.