Fresh fruit makes for a refreshing dessert recipe sure to satisfy any guest at your table.
- 1 qt. strawberries, halved
- 4 oranges, sectioned and halved
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur or orange juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 (11.3-oz.) jar lemon curd
- 1 1/2 sleeves shortbread cookies, crushed
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
How to Make It
Toss together first 4 ingredients, and let stand at room temperature 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, beat whipping cream and lemon curd at low speed with an electric mixer until blended. Gradually increase mixer speed, beating until medium peaks form.
Layer one-third each of fruit mixture and curd mixture in a large bowl. Top with half of crushed cookies. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining one-third fruit mixture and curd mixture. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours. Garnish, if desired.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Keebler Sandies Simply Shortbread cookies.