Try this granita for a zesty and refreshing frozen treat.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 cups fresh orange juice (including pulp)
- 1/2 cup Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Chilled orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier), optional
How to Make It
Whisk together first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; pour into a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan. Freeze 4 to 5 hours or until ice crystals form, stirring every hour. If desired, top each serving with whipped cream or a shot of chilled orange liqueur.