Easy, juicy, and delicious Crockpot Meatloaf stuffed with melty cheese and prepared in the slow cooker!
Mozzarella Stuffed Crockpot Meatloaf
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 6 hrs
Servings: 8 servings
FOR THE MEATLOAF
- 1.5 pounds 80% to 85% lean ground beef
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 small yellow onion, shredded (use the large holes on a cheese grater to shred the onion)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 8 ounces part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
FOR THE GLAZE
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar free ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Line a 6-quart slow cooker (or a bigger slow cooker) with a large sheet of aluminum foil. Grease with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, onions, garlic, Italian Seasoning, salt, pepper, ground mustard, egg, milk, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix with your hands until combined, but DO NOT overmix.
- Divide meat in half.
- Press one half of the meat into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Spread shredded mozzarella down the center, leaving about 1/2 inch space around the sides.
- Top with remaining meat and shape it into a loaf, and press around to seal the edges. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the barbecue sauce, ketchup, honey, Worcestershire sauce, and Sriracha sauce.
- Brush half of the glaze over the meatloaf. Reserve the remaining half for later.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours. Meatloaf is done when temperature reaches 160˚F on an Instant Read Thermometer.
- Lift out the meatloaf by holding onto the foil; transfer to a baking dish and top with the rest of the glaze.
- Pop it under the broiler for 3 to 4 minutes, or until browned.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!