This delicious apple crisp is so satisfying, family and friends won’t even know it’s light, too! Make this dessert recipe tonight.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup regular oats
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chilled butter or stick margarine, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 7 cups sliced peeled Rome apple (about 3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, oats, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly. Stir in walnuts.
Combine apple and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss well. Spoon apple mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish or 1 1/2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with crumb mixture. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.