- 2 ripe mangoes, cheeks removed, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 x 600ml ctn thickened cream
- 1 x 400ml can coconut cream
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon gelatine powder
PINEAPPLE & MINT SALSA
- 200g pineapple, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 ripe mango, cheeks removed, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar mixture
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
Place the mango in the jug of a blender and blend until smooth.
Place the thickened cream, coconut cream and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
Place the hot water in a heatproof bowl. Sprinkle with gelatine and whisk with a fork until gelatine dissolves.
Add the mango puree to the cream mixture and strain through a fine sieve into a jug. Add the gelatine mixture to the cream mixture and stir to combine. Place six 250ml (1-cup) capacity metal dariole moulds on a baking tray. Pour the mixture evenly among the moulds. Cover and place in the fridge for 4-6 hours or until set.
Meanwhile, to make the salsa, place the pineapple, mango, lime juice, icing sugar and mint in a medium bowl and combine.
Turn panna cottas onto serving plates. Spoon over the salsa to serve.