Plan ahead for the week with these whole30, paleo-friendly, gluten-free, and low-carb Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls packed with spicy chicken, roasted green beans, broccoli, and mashed cauliflower.
Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
For the chicken and veggies
- 4 medium free-range organic chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil — divided
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups broccoli — chopped
- 3 cups green beans — chopped
For the mashed cauliflower
- 1 medium cauliflower — cut into florets
- ½ clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon clarified butter or ghee — use more for a large cauliflower head
- 1 teaspoon Whole30 Homemade Mayo — use more for a large cauliflower head
- salt and black pepper to taste
- For the chicken and veggies
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- In a medium bowl, place the chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil, thyme, paprika, onion powder, coriander, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper. Toss everything together, and set aside.
- On a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper, place the chicken, and roast it for about 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add all the veggies, and season with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Remove the sheet from the oven, and place all the veggies on the same baking sheet. Spread everything out in an even layer, and roast for 10 minutes more.
- While the chicken and veggies are in the oven, prepare the mashed cauliflower.
- For the mashed cauliflower
- Fill a large pot with about 2 cups of water, and bring it to a boil.
- Then, place a steamer basket in the bottom of the pot.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the steamer basket.
- Cover the pot, and steam until the cauliflower is fork-tender, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from the heat, uncover the pot (this step is important), and let the cauliflower cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the steamed cauliflower and garlic in a blender jar, and blend until the cauliflower is completely smooth. Transfer to a bowl, add the clarified butter, mayo, salt, and ground black pepper, and stir well to combine.
- Taste to adjust the seasoning.
Place an even amount of chicken, veggies, and mashed cauliflower into 4 glass containers. Cover with the lid, and place in the fridge for up 4 days. Heat in the microwave for about 1½-2 minutes. The time depends on the power of your microwave.