- 1 x 85g pkt lemon jelly crystals
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) boiling water
- 80ml (1/3 cup) limoncello
- 1 x 500g pkt frozen mixed berries
- 12 savoiardi sponge finger biscuits
- Fresh blueberries, to serve
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 250ml (1 cup) thickened cream
To make the custard, place milk in a saucepan over medium heat and bring just to the boil. Remove from heat. Use a whisk to whisk the egg yolks, sugar and cornflour in a heatproof bowl. Gradually whisk in milk and lemon rind. Place in a clean saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Place plastic wrap directly on the surface and set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
Use an electric beater to whisk the cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Fold the cream into the custard.
Place the jelly crystals in a heatproof bowl. Add the boiling water and stir until jelly crystals dissolve. Stir in limoncello and set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
Spoon half the berries into a 2L (8-cup) capacity bowl. Dip half the biscuits into the jelly mixture and arrange over berries. Pour over half the jelly mixture and top with half the custard. Continue layering, finishing with custard. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 6 hours to set. Top with blueberries to serve.