The bright flavors of lemons pairs so well with capers! This simple chicken recipe is a perfect low carb dinner!
Lemon Caper Chicken
Yield: 4 SERVINGS
Prep time: 5 MINUTES
Cook time: 20 MINUTES
Total time: 25 MINUTES
- 1 pound thin sliced chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons capers
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large, heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook through, flipping halfway through cooking, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the chicken broth and butter to the skillet and bring to a boil. Let the chicken broth reduce by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and cream to the skillet and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Add the capers to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and coat with the sauce. Cook 1 more minute to rewarm the chicken.
- Serve immediately.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!