- 1 cup (200g) pearl barley
- 1kg butterflied lamb leg
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 350g punnet mix medley grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 120g baby rocket leaves
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons pepitas, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons natural flaked almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup (60ml) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60m) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
Cook the barley in a large saucepan of boiling water for 20 mins or until tender. Drain well.
Meanwhile, place the lamb in a large bowl. Sprinkle with paprika and cumin and drizzle with the oil. Season.
Preheat a barbecue on medium. Cook lamb for 5 mins each side or until browned. Cook, covered, under indirect heat, for a further 10 mins for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 10 mins to rest.
While the lamb is resting, to make the chimichurri sauce, combine the vinegar, oil, garlic, coriander, parsley, oregano, chilli and paprika in a small bowl. Season to taste.
Combine the barley, tomatoes, rocket, parsley and mint in a large bowl. Add one-quarter of the chimichurri and toss to combine. Spoon onto a large serving platter. Sprinkle with pepitas, sunflower seeds and almonds.
Thinly slice lamb and arrange over the barley salad. Drizzle with remaining chimichurri and serve immediately.