- 500g raspberries (defrost if frozen)
- 200g caster sugar
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 250g sponge finger biscuits (savoiardi)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) grappa* or sweet white wine (such as vin santo)
- 2 eggs, separated
- 250g mascarpone
- 300ml thickened cream
- Shaved good-quality dark chocolate, to garnish
Place berries, half the sugar, juice and zest in a bowl. Leave for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar.
Place a layer of the biscuits in a 1-litre baking dish, drizzle with 2 tablespoons grappa and spread raspberries over top. Place yolks and remaining sugar in a large bowl and beat until light and thick. Beat in mascarpone and cream until thick, then fold in remaining grappa.
In a separate bowl, beat eggwhites until stiff then combine with the mascarpone mixture. Spread over the berries, then cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Spoon out into bowls and sprinkle with shaved chocolate to serve.