Easy Instant Pot shrimp and broccoli stir fry that is healthier and better than take-out! This is probably the quickest meal that you can make in the Instant Pot as it cooks for just 0 minutes, which means that it just needs to come to pressure.
Instant Pot Shrimp and Broccoli
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 8.5 oz (250 grams) shrimps frozen or thawed
- 14 oz (400 grams) broccoli
For the sauce
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce (If gluten-free, sub with tamari sauce)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar or granulated sugar or honey
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic grated or minced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
For the slurry and garnish
- 1-2 tsp cornstarch for the slurry (add 1 tsp of water) – you might need more.
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce optional
- 1 tsp sesame seeds to garnish
- 1 green onion thinly sliced (optional)
Put all of the ingredients in the Instant Pot (except for the broccoli if you want it to stay firm, the corn starch slurry and the sesame seeds) start with the sauce ingredients, and shrimp follows. Cover with the lid, and make sure that the vent is in sealing position.
Press on “manual” or “pressure cook” make sure that it’s set on high pressure, and cook for 0 minutes. Let the Instant Pot come to pressure, then it will stop cooking and will beep. Quickly release the steam and carefully open the lid.
To thicken the sauce, press on “saute” and add the slurry to the pot. Mix it with the sauce, and the sauce will be thickened (it might take just 1 minute to do this, depending on how quick your sauce thickens). If it’s not thick enough, then add one more cornstarch with water mixed together before adding to the pot. Mix in sriracha sauce if using.
After thickening the sauce, add fresh broccoli florets to the pot and cover with the lid. Allow the broccoli to “steam” for a couple of minutes and it will be slightly cooked but firm and crunchy.
Serve over rice, and garnish with sesame seeds.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!