Need a quick and easy dinner tonight everyone in your house will love? Look no further than this Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta! Who doesn’t love creamy, garlic parmesan?
Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
- 1.5 pound chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound of pasta (you can choose any style you like)
- 2.5 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1.5 oz unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 5 oz Parmsean cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Fresh chopped basil
- Turn your Instant Pot to Saute.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes.
- Combine all the seasoning ingredients (salt, pepper, garlic & herb seasoning, Italian seasoning, paprika, oregano) and season the chicken cubes. As a tip, I often add the chicken cubes, seasoning and olive oil to a zip lock bag and shake until fully covered. I find the olive oil helps the chicken from sticking to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Turn the Instant Pot and press SAUTE function. Adjust to high.
- Add chicken and minced garlic to Instant Pot and cook evenly until chicken is lightly browned. Do not fully cook the chicken.
- When you think the chicken is cooked 50% of the way, add onions and brown evenly.
- Turn saute function off.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Pour in pasta- DO NOT STIR.
- Try to cover pasta with chicken broth by pushing pasta down in pot- DO NOT STIR.
- Close the Instant Pot with the lid and move valve to “seal” position.
- Cook on manual high for time associated with the pasta that you are using. Calculate cook time based on pasta of your choice. Look at the box and take the suggested cooking time and cut it in half and subtract 2 minutes. If the box says 10 minutes, cut it in half (5 minutes) and subtract 2. So your total cook time will be 3 minutes. For reference, I cooked this recipe for 5 minutes. If for some reason you find your pasta is still not cooked, you can add the lid back on pressure cook for 0-1 minutes.
- When timer beeps, quick release pressure. If a substantial amount of liquid sprays out of the valve, quickly move valve back to seal and wait a minute or 2 and then move valve back to release. NOTE: The pasta may look a tad soupy when you first open the lid and stir in the ingredients. If so, continue to stir on the on the warming function. The ingredients will continue to thicken, about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add in cream cheese, butter, half and half and Parmesan – along with any additional spices for flavor.
- STIR!! This is when the cheesy goodness magic happens. Stir everything together until it is well combined.
- Garnish with just a bit of fresh basil.
- IT IS TIME!!! Time for you to indulge in this creamy cheesy delicious goodness! Go for it! You deserve it!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!