This Instant Pot chicken teriyaki is amazing! So easy to make and a true crowd pleaser! This one is going on your regular menu rotation for sure!
Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Put water and chicken in the Instant Pot (you can use the trivet or put chicken directly in a water). Close the lid and turn the valve to a Sealing position. Press the “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” button and set the time for 8 minutes for chicken breasts (or 13 minutes for chicken thighs).
- When it’s done cooking, let the pressure release naturally (NR) for 5 minutes, then quick release (QR) the remaining steam.
- Take the chicken out of the pot and chop into pieces. Pour the water out of the pot, then put the inner pot back into the Instant Pot.
- Press the Saute button on the Instant Pot and set the time to 15 minutes.
- In a cup, mix the oil, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Add cooked chicken and the soy sauce mixture to the Instant Pot. Cook, stirring every 30 seconds, until the sauce thickens (about 4 minutes).
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!