If there’s one thing we find magical about Instant Pots, it’s how quickly and perfectly they cook chicken and rice. The rice is the perfect texture and the chicken is insanely tender. This is the meal we cook in the Instant Pot the most often. And then we turn around and make a peanut butter explosion cake in there for dessert.
Instant Pot Chicken & Rice
Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 0 hours 5 mins
Total Time: 0 hours 45 mins
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 c. white rice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 c. low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat Instant Pot by setting to “Sauté”. Add oil and cook onion until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, and paprika and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Stir in rice and broth and season with salt and pepper. Add carrots, bell pepper, and chicken, and season generously again with salt and pepper.
- Close lid, change setting to manual or “Pressure Cook” and set for 8 minutes on High. When 8 minutes is up, let pot decompress naturally for 10 minutes, then release pressure, remove lid, and shred chicken. Top with parsley before serving.