This Instant Pot chicken parmesan pasta recipe is an easy go-to weeknight dinner. All the flavors of classic chicken parmesan made into a one pot, comforting meal.
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 13 mins
Total Time: 23 mins
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 and 1/4 cups marinara sauce, I used Prego
- 1 cup water, refer notes
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspooon salt, refer notes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley or basil, to garnish (optional)
Set Instant pot to saute setting. When hot, add olive oil and then chopped onion and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute. Add chicken pieces and cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
Press cancel and then add marinara sauce, water, pasta, Italian seasoning, salt and ground pepper. Stir well. Close and lock lid (making sure that valve is set to sealing). Select manual setting (or pressure cooker) for 7 minutes.
After 7 minutes, let Instant pot in the warm mode for 4 minutes. Turn valve to venting to release pressure. Open lid, sprinkle both cheeses, close lid and let cheese melt for one minute.
Open Instant pot, stir to mix in melted cheese and serve Instant pot chicken parmesan pasta hot with chopped parsley or basil.
Or cool and pack into meal prep containers.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!