Instant Pot Chicken Breast is juicy, moist, and flavorful easily made using the pressure cooker. This dish comes handy whenever additional protein is needed for your diet!
Instant Pot Chicken Breast
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 mins
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 boneless (skinless chicken breasts, thawed)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Lemon slices
- Combine all the seasoning ingredients in a shallow bowl.
- Pat dry chicken breasts and toss in the seasoning to cover all sides. Set aside.
- Select the sauté function on the Instant Pot at the highest setting.
- After the display reads Hot, add oil to the pot and wait for it to start sizzling.
- Carefully add the chicken breasts and cook about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden-brown. Remove from pot with tongs and set aside on a plate.
- Add 1 cup water if using a 6 qt pot ( 1 ½ for 8-quart pot), and place a trivet inside the pot.
- Arrange the chicken on the trivet.
- Lock the lid, point valve to sealed and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes, followed by 5 minutes natural pressure release. Then, quick release the rest.
- Remove the chicken from the pot, and allow to rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with lemon slices.