These moist & fudgy Instant Pot brownies are easy to make from scratch. Enjoy with some vanilla ice-cream for a perfect dessert!
Instant Pot Brownies Made From Scratch
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter melted
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Chocolate chips to melt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips divided, to mix in batter & top
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- Grease a 6 inch cake pan with some melted butter (or another cake pan that fits in the pressure cooker). Line a parchment paper on the bottom of the cake pan.
- Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips in the microwave. Heat for 30 seconds, then at 15 seconds intervals until smooth.
Preparing the brownie batter
- In a large bowl, mix melted butter & sugar. Stir until smooth.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract. Then add the melted chocolate & mix again.
- Fold in the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Do not over mix.
- Add 1/4 cup chocolate chips and fold them in the batter.
- Transfer batter to the prepared cake pan. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Cover the cake pan with paper towels and foil. This is important so the steam does not go into the cake batter while it is cooking.
Steaming brownie in instant pot
- Add water to the instant pot steel insert. Place a trivet, and the cake pan on the trivet. Close lid with vent in sealing position.
- Cook on manual or pressure cooker mode at high pressure for 35 minutes (see last note). When the pressure cooker beeps, let the pressure release naturally.
- Carefully take the cake pan out using mitts. Remove the foil and paper towel. Let the brownie rest on the counter for about 10 minutes.
- Check that it is done (insert a clean knife or toothpick at the center of the brownie, which should come out clean). Run a knife around the edges of the brownie. Then carefully remove the brownie from the cake pan.
- Slice and serve warm with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!