When plums are at their juiciest best, they’re great in a quick dessert. If you don’t already have the grill going, just broil or toast the pound cake until golden.
- 2 large red plums, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 1-in.-thick slices toasted pound cake, storebought or homemade
- About 1/4 cup whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
How to Make It
Mix plums with pomegranate molasses, brandy, and sugar. Let steep until juicy and flavorful, at least 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, grill pound-cake slices over medium heat on both sides until grill marks appear, about 5 minutes.
Spoon plums onto cake slices, dividing evenly, and top with whipped cream and almonds.