- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- 35g (1/3 cup) flaked almonds, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 125ml (1/2 cup) extra virgin olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons, extra
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 550g chicken thigh fillets, excess fat trimmed
- 2 potatoes, scrubbed, finely chopped
- 200g bacon, chopped into large pieces
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 350g fresh peas, podded
Process basil, almonds and 1 garlic clove in a food processor until finely chopped. Add oil. Process until smooth. Season. Add vinegar. Process until combined. Set aside.
Preheat a barbecue or chargrill over high heat. Season the chicken. Grill for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover.
Meanwhile, place the potato in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook, covered, on High for 5 minutes or until tender. Heat the extra oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the potato, bacon and onion. Cook, stirring, for 5-8 minutes or until crisp.
Finely chop the remaining garlic. Add the peas and garlic to the pan. Cook for 1 minute or until the peas are warmed through. Season. Serve with the chicken, pesto and extra basil leaves.