- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh coriander, roots finely chopped, leaves picked
- 3cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 500g fresh broccoli, cut into florets, stems sliced
- 1L ctn Campbell’s Real Soup Base — Asian
- 120g baby spinach, plus extra to serve
- 1 lime, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white part only, finely chopped
- 1 fresh long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 15g palm sugar, finely chopped
- 250g firm tofu, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce, or to taste
- Light coconut milk, to drizzle (optional)
- Fresh coriander leaves, extra, to serve
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion, coriander root, ginger, sliced garlic and broccoli stems, stirring, for 4 minutes or until softened. Add the soup base. Bring to the boil.
Add the broccoli florets. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in the spinach and coriander leaves. Remove from the heat. Stir in the lime rind and juice. Use a stick blender to process until smooth.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the lemongrass, chilli and palm sugar, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the tofu. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes. Add the crushed garlic and fish sauce. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the tofu is golden.
Ladle the soup among bowls. Drizzle with coconut milk if using. Top with the tofu and extra spinach and coriander leaves.