- 75g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons rosewater
- 600g lychees
- 1.5kg seedless watermelon
- 1 small pineapple
- 2 x 120g punnets raspberries
- Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt, to serve
- 50g sesame seeds
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped roasted walnuts
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- 50g clarified butter (see note), melted
Select all ingredientsADD TO SHOPPING LISTSHOP INGREDIENTS NOW AT COLESPRINT RECIPE
- Unsprayed rose petals (optional), to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C.
- Step 2For filo straws, combine sesame seeds, sugar, walnuts and cinnamon in a small bowl. Working with 1 sheet of pastry at a time, brush generously with butter, keeping the remainder covered with a lightly dampened tea towel. Scatter one-fifth of the sesame seed mixture over pastry. Cut pastry widthwise into four, then cut each strip widthwise into three. Tightly roll strips of pastry widthwise to form straws and place on a baking paper-lined oven tray. Repeat with remaining filo sheets.
- Step 3Brush straws with butter and scatter with remaining seed mixture. Bake for 10â€“12 minutes or until golden. Cool on tray.
- Step 4For fruit salad, combine 125ml (1/2 cup) water, sugar, vanilla bean and seeds in a small saucepan and very slowly bring to the boil.
- Step 5Remove from heat, leave to cool, then stir in lime juice and rosewater.
- Step 6Peel lychees and place in a large bowl. Remove rind from watermelon, skin and core from pineapple, then cut both into 1cm cubes and add to bowl. Pour syrup over and refrigerate until chilled.
- Step 7
- To serve, stir raspberries into fruit salad and scatter with rose geranium flowers (if using) and accompany with bowls of yoghurt and filo straws.