- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, halved, cut into wedges
- 1 large red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 long red chillies, sliced
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1kg firm white fish fillets, skinless, boneless , cut into 8 large pieces
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves, plus extra sprigs to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 8 minutes or until onion is just softened. Add garlic and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and stock. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Add coconut milk. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange fish in pan. Bring to a simmer. Cook, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish is just cooked through.
Drizzle stew with lime juice and sprinkle with coriander. Top with extra coriander sprigs and serve with lime wedges.