All the flavors you love from chicken fajitas in a fun and easy low carb format. Fajita Stuffed Chicken is a dish the whole family will love!
Fajita Stuffed Chicken
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
Servings: 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 small white onion diced
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 2 large mushrooms diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Saute under vegetables are tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic in during the last 1 minute of cooking. Remove from pan into a small bowl and set aside.
- Pound out chicken breasts until thin, or butterfly breasts. Spoon vegetable mixture into the middle. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold chicken breasts over so filling is inside. Secure with toothpicks if desired
- In a small bowl combine cumin, chili powder, onion powder, salt, and red pepper flakes (if using). Sprinkle over chicken breasts.
- Wipe out the skillet you used for the vegetables and return to medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan along with butter. Add in chicken breasts and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drizzle with lime juice before serving and garnish with freshly chopped cilantro (optional).
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!