A recipe for the best baked chicken wings that are extra crispy on the outside and very tender and most on the inside.
Extra Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 lbs chicken wings (tips removed, separated into wingettes and drumettes)
- 1 Tbsp BAKING POWDER (whatever you do, do NOT use baking soda)
- 1 tsp kosher salt (plus more to taste)
- 1 Tbsp butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup hot wing sauce (e.g. Duff’s hot sauce)
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Dry chicken with a paper towel really well. Place the wings in a large bowl. Sprinkle baking powder over the wings. Toss until all wings are evenly covered in baking powder. Better yet, mix by hand to ensure even coverage.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a cooling rack (see note) on top and spray with Pam or rub with cooking oil to prevent sticking.
- Lay the chicken wings on the rack, leaving space between the wings.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven. Turn the heat down to 425F and set the mode to convection.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the wings are nicely browned and crisp.
- Let the wings rest for 5 minutes. This will preserve crispiness of the skin.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Buffalo wing sauce by combining the butter and the hot wing sauce in a small bowl.
- Season the wings with salt and whatever other seasonings you like. Toss with the Buffalo sauce or serve with the sauce on the side.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!