Easy Salsa Chicken is made with four ingredients for a high protein, low carb meal with a lot of flavor! This salsa chicken recipe is easy and delicious!
Easy Salsa Chicken
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (either 4 small chicken breasts or 2 larger ones cut in half)
- 4 tsp. taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheese cheddar, fiesta blend, etc.
- Place the chicken breasts in a lightly greased baking dish. Sprinkle half of the taco seasoning on top of the chicken breasts and then turn them over and sprinkle the remaining taco seasoning on the other side of the chicken.
- Pour the salsa all over the top of the chicken and then bake in the oven at 375° for about 25-30 minutes. The time may vary depending on the size of the chicken breasts. I like to use a meat thermometer to make sure the chicken is done perfectly every time. Chicken should cook to an internal temperature of 165°.
- As soon as the chicken is done, sprinkle the cheese on top and put back in the oven for about 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. If you want to brown the cheese a little bit, you can broil it for a minute or two. Serve immediately.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!